Open position in Barcelona, Spain, for an Industrial PhD leveraging Computer Vision and Machine Learning technique for the improvement of Virtual Reality Experiences
The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) and Inflight VR IBERIA SL invites applications for PhD candidates in the area of software engineering. The candidate will be carrying out interdisciplinary research with real scenarios application. In particular, the candidate will be doing research on the fields of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Human-Computer Interaction and Virtual Reality in order to design and develop new algorithms and techniques for improving VR experiences.
We are looking for a self-driven, ambitious PhD candidate with background in Computer Science, preferably with some experience in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or Applied Mathematics. Experience with VR technologies and HCI practices is considered a plus.
• Design and develop new multi-sensor fusion algorithms to power our current and future motion tracking applications.
• Understand application requirements and translate them into complex, state-of-art algorithms.
• Identify new trends in research related to sensor fusion, motion tracking, optimization theory, machine learning.
• Work on research projects, delivering world class level solutions.
• Applying human-computer interaction techniques (e.g., intelligent user interfaces, cognitive systems, or computational interaction) for improving the user experience of the final applications.
Desired skills and experience
• Master Degree in Computer Vision, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent required.
• Excellent academic records.
• Excellent programming skills in java, C# or similar languages.
• Ability to understand, design, and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly.
• Strong mathematical/analytical background, problem-solving skills, flexibility in acquiring new knowledge.
• Good speaking and written communication skills in English
Elena Kokkinara email@example.com
Pierre Bourdin firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the PDF file: ProfileIndustrialPhD